The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Lord Necronomis
Queer for Hubb

Nation: Federation of Bone
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Necronomis

Default Good News, Everyone!

Early this morning/late last night I got an email. My band's EP is done. Granted, there are one or two parts of it that sound kinda sloppy, but that's one of the reasons we no longer have our old lead guitarist. And unfortunately, we don't have the money for a second take.

But, even with those few parts sounding as they do, I'm reasonably pleased with it (Having a professional producer makes a world of difference). And so, I'm curious who here would be interested in taking a listen.
[03:18] * %DarthElecian[Legion] takes trout and slaps Necronomis|Legion around a bit
[03:19] * @Necronomis|Legion takes out a massive sword-handled razor-barbed dildo and smacks DarthElecian[Legion] around a lot with it.
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> o_O
[03:19] <@Necronomis|Legion> don't fuck with me
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> ....do not want
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Necronomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Roddney McCay

Default Re: Good News, Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Necronomis View Post
Early this morning/late last night I got an email. My band's EP is done. Granted, there are one or two parts of it that sound kinda sloppy, but that's one of the reasons we no longer have our old lead guitarist. And unfortunately, we don't have the money for a second take.

But, even with those few parts sounding as they do, I'm reasonably pleased with it (Having a professional producer makes a world of difference). And so, I'm curious who here would be interested in taking a listen.
What kind of music does your band play?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa

Discord name: Immerael[TheLegion]

I'll listen to anything but if it isn't my style I usually say it is either meh or sucks. Just a heads up.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Is this the most brutal band ever?
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Kivan
Trust us, we are a Committee

Nation: Nemiral

Discord name: KivanNemiral|Legion

you bastard.

that's how I read the title.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Kivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Lord Necronomis
Queer for Hubb

Nation: Federation of Bone

Discord name: Necronomis

Not quite brutal, no. It's rock.

Style wise, it's hard to place any more specifically than that. Imagine, you have a classical singer, a jazz bassist, a gospel drummer, a metal rhythm guitarist, and then a lead guitar who listens to, and plays, almost exclusively 60's/70's pop rock. And we all came together, shot our load onto a rock album, and called it our child.

My influence comes out more in other songs that aren't on the EP, but are going to be on the full album, but you can still hear the jazz influence occasionally in the chords.

And Kivan, that's kinda why I did it.
[03:18] * %DarthElecian[Legion] takes trout and slaps Necronomis|Legion around a bit
[03:19] * @Necronomis|Legion takes out a massive sword-handled razor-barbed dildo and smacks DarthElecian[Legion] around a lot with it.
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> o_O
[03:19] <@Necronomis|Legion> don't fuck with me
[03:19] <%DarthElecian[Legion]> ....do not want
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Lord Necronomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
Vanik Hardil
Behold the Neep!

Nation: Neepolito Harnilito

Discord name: VanikHardil

Alliance:
bjalbert

You know I am up for a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Probably the one where you watch your step sister frig herself from the doorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the pit leader View Post
Anyone can send 14 million troops into the wood chipper. That doesn't mean you learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Rob View Post
I have been busy as a ballsack in an orgy.
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Improved Legionnaire
Vanik Hardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Master Holton
Polar now

Nation: The Tamrielic Empire

Discord name: Holton

Alliance:
New Polar Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
You know I am up for a listen.
Doomhouse WarSpammiest Legionnaire
Master Holton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #9
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS
10th Legion Gemina...Julius Caesar's Men

Nation: TERRA ROMANORVM

Discord name: Josephivs

I want a listen. And if it's good and you release it, I want a copy...for free jk
Tetris WarIch Dien Silver AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service Citation
JOSEPHIVS MAGNVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #10
Hubb
Lyrical Gangster

Nation: WV United Republic

Discord name: Hubb[Legion]

I'll just rip from internets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
It is so damned hard to hate and love you at the same time..
My Legion Application: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Na...post&p=5772068

COLISEUM LEGIO CHAMPION

Nukes Eaten: SHIT TON
Nukes Given: YOUR MOM
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceMost Serious Legionnaire
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
good, news