The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #1
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default net neutrality

I have to wonder how Americans are responding to this not so new focus on businesses deciding the content you pay for?
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
happy5214 
Econ Chief

Nation: Manitae

Discord name: happy5214

Default Re: net neutrality

Our government officials are (more so than ever) beholden to money more than a sense of duty to protect their constituents or our democracy as a whole. This saddens me, though it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
happy5214, by the Grace of the Imperator and the Consul of Internal and Economic Affairs, Senator, Chief Economic Coordinator, Director of Trades, Chancellor of the Treasury, and Chief Censor, Voter of Team Proposals, Enactor of Purple Sanctions, Executor of Financial Policy, Organizer and Protector of the Circles, Comptroller of Allied National Resources, Head Merchant of Tech, Bringer of Aid, Expander of Nations, Collector of Statistics, and Analyst of the Game.

For today, we aid. For tomorrow, we tech deal. For all, we trade. Forever, wir dienen.

Vivu feliĉe kaj amike, parolu la veron, kaj elektu la bezonojn de ĉiuj anstataŭ viajn.

Ave Legio.

While I have worked to improve the quality of The Legion, I have accumulated the following awards:

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardEconomics Lifetime Achievement AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationMost Active LegionnaireMost Serious LegionnaireMost Improved Legionnaire
happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
Pyroponce
Will argue for sammiches

Nation: Apostolica

Free market at work, and thank God for it. The internet got along just fine before Net Neutrality was a thing in 2015 and when people see that nothing bad happens we can forget about this hullabaloo.

Never give up, never surrender.

No matter how badly you want to, don't be like me. Do not underfund your war chest.

Have you read CN101 lately?

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonRecruitment Service AwardMost Improved Legionnaire
Pyroponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
Alexander Kerensky

Nation: Strana Mechty

Discord name: Alexander

I would like to believe everything will be just fine, but when I look at what Australia is going through with data caps and pay-by-day plans that are not optional and in addition to a regular service I am expecting the worst.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardEducation AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardMost Serious Legionnaire
Alexander Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:28 AM   #5
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Kerensky View Post
I would like to believe everything will be just fine, but when I look at what Australia is going through with data caps and pay-by-day plans that are not optional and in addition to a regular service I am expecting the worst.

Non sensical yet you are right. Trying to get through nation wide oppurtunity in so much space and 25 million people is really difficult.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:18 AM   #6
legoboyvdlp

Nation: North Brickland

Alliance:
Independent Republic of Orange Nations

In the UK we are reasonably well off. There are the sharks, eg free internet for a fee of only £19.99 per month plus £100 charges to get set up, but BT is a great provider and treats you well. You get what you pay for as well, regularly see 50Mb/s.

But since others are not so well off, I do think net neutrality should be opposed to avoid net restrictions spreading, like in Australia...
legoboyvdlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:38 AM   #7
Lord Windmark
Taoiseach of Clan Dalcassian

Nation: Regnum Saoirse

Discord name: Lord_Windmark

The internet was deigned to set us all free...now the Americans are trying to ruin that aswel!

Sorry for those of you who are from the US but, you've a great country....but, shitty government!

Nations Recruited for The Legion: XXIV

Served as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from 5th June 2018 - 9th September 2018
Served as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 9th September 2018 - 25th of July 2020
Served a 2nd term as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 25th July 2020 to May 2021
Served 2nd term as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: March 1st 2022 - Present

Umbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Lord Windmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #8
Alexander Kerensky

Nation: Strana Mechty

Discord name: Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomond View Post
The internet was deigned to set us all free...now the Americans are trying to ruin that aswel!
The internet was designed for no such lofty notions as setting us free, lol. Any net neutrality issues concerning bandwidth, throttling, or teir pricing has no effect on other countries (like their rules do not effect the US).

I would argue that other countries are already "ruined" as I fear the American system will mirror the European/Australian one.

Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonRecruitment Service AwardEducation AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardMost Serious Legionnaire
Alexander Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #9
Lord Windmark
Taoiseach of Clan Dalcassian

Nation: Regnum Saoirse

Discord name: Lord_Windmark

I dont know where your pulling that out of but im from Ireland which is a voting member nation in the EU and we dont have anything of the like at all over here.

Nations Recruited for The Legion: XXIV

Served as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from 5th June 2018 - 9th September 2018
Served as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 9th September 2018 - 25th of July 2020
Served a 2nd term as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 25th July 2020 to May 2021
Served 2nd term as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: March 1st 2022 - Present

Umbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Lord Windmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:26 AM   #10
Pyroponce
Will argue for sammiches

Nation: Apostolica

Seriously, it’s a big nothing-burger. The internet blew past all expectations from it’s inception through 2015 without Net Neutrality regulations in place. And nothing is going to happen with those regulations repealed. If some ISP was stupid enough to ban certain websites and customers chose not to respond like a market would, then let the government try to fix the problem. (When it’s actually a problem).

If I had a dollar for every time a leftist was wrong, the leftists in Congress would try to tax the shit out of me.

Never give up, never surrender.

No matter how badly you want to, don't be like me. Do not underfund your war chest.

Have you read CN101 lately?

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonRecruitment Service AwardMost Improved Legionnaire
Pyroponce is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
net, neutrality