The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default wiki leaks founder has been detained enough?

thoughts on wiki leaks and its impact
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:41 AM   #2
Lord Windmark
Taoiseach of Clan Dalcassian

Nation: Regnum Saoirse

Discord name: Lord_Windmark

Default Re: wiki leaks founder has been detained enough?

I think Wikileaks hasnt been as big an impact as everyone thinks. Some information got out but not what I though would come from his bravery. Julian Assange is a very honorable person who believes in transparency and and the freedom of information. His situation shows that the political system is a corrupt game of power played by the nations biggest narcissists. This is a dragon that needs to be slayed...governments in 1st world countries are becoming police states without the intention in most cases. Its the constant turning of new political figures all trying to feel important and change something so they can say they were not complete useless in power. However the sad thing is a lot of the time the things they change didnt need to be fixed in the 1st place.

I believe The EU should grant Mr.Assange a visa of Asylum and a freedom to travel in the Eurozone. This man may have pissed off a lot of people in the top jobs but the general consensus is that he is not a criminal.

*bet we just got pinged by the CIA/Interpol*

Nations Recruited for The Legion: XXIV

Served as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from 5th June 2018 - 9th September 2018
Served as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 9th September 2018 - 25th of July 2020
Served a 2nd term as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 25th July 2020 to May 2021
Served 2nd term as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: March 1st 2022 - Present

Umbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Lord Windmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

Well wiki leaks, and his detainment as you put it, are not tied to one another directly. While there are certainly rumors of sealed indictments for Assange and what not, his current position is due to allegations of sexual assault and rape in Sweden.

In November of 2010 Sweden requested his extradition in connection to the sexual assault and rape. Assange surrendered to UK police in December and then was released on bail. He then went to the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for asylum and has been there since. Sweden has dropped their investigation for sex assault and rape, there is still an active arrest warrant for failure to surrender for jumping on his bail.

Something to note is that he was not seeking asylum after leaking lots of documents, he sought asylum after the sex assault allegations. I have no idea if the sex assault allegation is true or not, but hiding out and avoiding due process and justice is not acceptable.

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
justavictim82
I assure you Legion that I am still the liquor

Nation: AllAboutThePentiums

Discord name: Justavictim82 #0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer04 View Post
Well wiki leaks, and his detainment as you put it, are not tied to one another directly. While there are certainly rumors of sealed indictments for Assange and what not, his current position is due to allegations of sexual assault and rape in Sweden.

In November of 2010 Sweden requested his extradition in connection to the sexual assault and rape. Assange surrendered to UK police in December and then was released on bail. He then went to the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for asylum and has been there since. Sweden has dropped their investigation for sex assault and rape, there is still an active arrest warrant for failure to surrender for jumping on his bail.

Something to note is that he was not seeking asylum after leaking lots of documents, he sought asylum after the sex assault allegations. I have no idea if the sex assault allegation is true or not, but hiding out and avoiding due process and justice is not acceptable.
This
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
justavictim82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #5
killer04
Dinky Doo

well hi justa!

Quote:
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Old 02-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #6
justavictim82

Quote:
well hi justa!
Hello there Sprinkles
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorM*A*S*H MedalIch Dien Loyalty AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonBronze Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of Excellence
Old 02-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #7
killer04
Dinky Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavictim82 View Post
Hello there Sprinkles
I will fucking ban you...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
justavictim82

Quote:
I will fucking ban you...
I will never stop being Sprinkles the Bukkake Queen as long as you live

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
detained, detrained, founder, founer, leaks, wiki