View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #8
Immerael
The Legion's Resident Demi God

Nation: Goldoa
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: Immerael[TheLegion]

Default Re: Is a college Education Worth It?

I graduated with a Bachelors degree and am currently unemployed. However I also managed to graduate zero debt so I have a nice cushion of time to pick and choose jobs opposed to pick whatever pays enough to cover my debt payments and get food. So overall it was definitely a positive.

However I do have issue in that quite a few jobs have entry positions that don't require a degree, but do require expirence that I don't qualify for do having a degree and no expirence. So if you have a field like that and are sure about what you want to do. Going into the field and gaining the experience would definitely be the better bet.

If you are not sure what you want to do or a degree is required for all positions in your field (Which is a growing issue as 4 year degrees are starting to be viewed like GEDs were in my fathers day) then you're kind of stuck. As a degree in a vast array of fields tend to be more useful than not. Even the art history degree or something is probably better than having nothing.

On the issue of political indoctrination across college campuses. It is rampant agreed however that should be something you look into before going to a campus. It won't take much of a look to see if the college is full of nutcases or not. A good check would be if your college has protests and death threats against invited speakers be they conservative or liberal, you don't want to go there. You need to be able to hear both sides of the isle and make your own decisions, don't let others make them for you.
Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarSnake Eyes WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDistinguished Donator Award
Immerael is offline   Reply With Quote