Old 09-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
scozy 
the bloodthirsty

Nation: Kenoland
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: scozy

Default Re: New York Tourism

Here are some ideas en vrac:
  • The Bronx zoo is nice. While you're there, Fordham University is pretty, the Bronx Little Italy is cool, and Calabria Pork Store's heroes are to die for.
  • In the same area, if you are into Edgar Allan Poe or the urban history of the Bronx, the Edgar Allan Poe Cottage is interesting.
  • Ride on the Roosevelt Island Tramway
  • If you like art deco (or have no idea what it is), visit the lobby of the Chrysler Building
  • Sample all the types of foods you can't get at home. Some of my favourites are noodles and pork burgers in any Xi'an Famous Foods restaurant; pizza (Suprema on 8th Ave at 30th St is a good one); deep-dish pizza at Emmet's; expensive but sublime Roman food at Lupa; soul food (I tried Country pan fried chicken on 8th Ave and 151st St and liked it a lot, but that was a long while ago); cheese cake
  • American Museum of Natural History
  • Met Opera: Aida or La Bohème if you don't really know opera or want a classic, Samson et Dalila if you want something different
  • Brooklyn Bridge

That's what comes to mind quickly. Whenever I go to NYC, eating and wandering around are my favourite activities. All boroughs are interesting to visit (Staten Island admittedly a bit less than the others). Don't forget Harlem. Don't let people tell you NYC is dangerous, it's not anymore. Don't buy a ticket to Ellis Island until you've taken the Staten Island ferry because you might well find the view you'll get entirely to your satisfaction.

Enjoy!

Doom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDistinguished Donator AwardEconomic Program Service Award
scozy is offline   Reply With Quote